One of the cornerstones of career success is the ability to communicate effectively. When combined with intellectual ability and technical skills, success usually follows. In this program we provide participants with the fundamentals of effective communication.
- Creating the right first impression
- Building rapport & people reading
- Communication styles
- Powerful questions
- Listening skills
Dynamic Presentation Skills
This program takes some of the fear out of presenting and replaces it with confidence and professionalism. It is designed for team members who have to present more frequently and also for those who wish to develop and fine tune existing skills.
- Planning and structuring presentations
- Delivery skills – eye contact, voice, gestures and movement
- Audience analysis
- Using visual aids effectively
- Managing your nerves
Advanced Presentation Skills
A sophisticated program designed for skilled presenters who are looking to go to the next level in creating and delivering truly memorable business presentations. It is focused on developing the presenter’s ability to inspire the audience using an appropriate balance of rational and emotional motivators and delivery techniques. The program is a unique blend of acting and proven business presentation techniques.
- Achieving rational and emotional communication goals
- Designing motivational communications
- Exercises designed to match delivery capabilities against achieving emotional goals
- Personal coaching
In this program we focus on improving one’s ability to connect with and deeply understand the true motivators of their stakeholders. In doing so, they will build stronger relationships and become more effective at achieving their objectives. The program combines persuasive competitive message creation and powerful face-to-face communication skills.
- Stakeholder decision-making
- Framing the recommendation
- Communication styles & people reading
- Powerful questions & reflective listening
- Persuasive message creation
Business Development Skills
The program improves the capability of participants to connect with, and to deeply understand, the true decision-making criteria of clients. In doing so closure rates will improve as will the long-term viability of key relationships.
- Managing the client development process
- Tools for recognising and analysing the core motivators that drive client decision-making
- Ability to identify the critical differences in buying and selling styles
- Flexibility to utilise the appropriate selling style to suit a client
- Devising persuasive information and messages to support the value proposition
Strategic Negotiation Skills
Combining planning and face-to-face skills, the program is designed to maximise win–win outcomes in complex negotiations. Participants learn how to effectively analyse the negotiation situation and then determine the most effective approach using appropriate strategies, tactics and skills to improve the deal and close it.
- Negotiation philosophies
- Planning for the negotiation
- Communication skills
- Developing strategies and approaches
- Maintaining control
Facilitating group sessions and team meetings is critical in the day-to-day management of business. We provide participants with the essential techniques and tools that will enable them to more effectively manage these sessions, while ensuring that the team, not the facilitator, owns the outcome.
- Planning a facilitation
- Building rapport with the group and winning their trust
- Key communication skills: exploring, listening and recapping
- Group process & decision making tools
- Managing group and individual dynamics
Beyond purely technical skills, the most important factor separating high performing people from average performers is their ability in the area of emotional intelligence. While the words often conjure up notions of warm and fuzzy feelings, research consistently identifies “Emotional Intelligence” as the most important factor in driving success and building and managing relationships.
- What is EI?
- The EI Framework
- The Core of EI – Self Awareness
- Applying EI in the workplace – Self Management
Many people don’t like them, but we occasionally must have them; so how can we make them just that little bit easier and more effective?
- Anatomy of a difficult conversation
- Changing mindsets
- Key communication skills
- 5-step approach to difficult conversations
In today’s business environment, workloads and expectations have never been higher and can lead to stress and a sense of helplessness. This program addresses some of the most common time management issues and provides simple, practical tools that are immediately useable by anyone.
- Common time management issues
- Circles of concern and influence
- Individual goal setting
- Time Management Matrix
Gen Y – The Pathway to Success
Gen Y is a different kettle of fish; everybody knows it, but not many talk about it. In this session – pitched to the Gen Y contingent – we look at what separates them from previous generational groups and uncover ways to leverage these differences to everyone’s benefit.
- Generation WHY?
- What’s changed?
- Working with Gen X and older…
- Plotting your path to success
The 3 Minute Networker
The “Networking Event” has become a staple of professional life, but what do you do once you’re there? Not much point hanging with your colleagues, you need to meet new people – expand your network. In this fast-paced practical program we’ll show you how.
- Making the right first impression
- Finding a connection
- Fast rapport
- Exiting conversations
- Following up